Friday, June 20, 2008

LATTICE GRID Card w/TRANSPARENCY Butterfly


Hello all-


I am so excited about this card that I am posting...and I am going to tell you why.


I bought this *new* tool and I absolutely LOVE IT! It is called the Scor-Pal and it is absolutely amazing. It is a tool that allows you to make perfect score lines EVERYTIME when you are making cards, or boxes, or the Lattice Grid that is done on the card. The tool is SUPER easy to use and I was sent a tutorial on how to create the grid...and in 3 minutes, I was done.


I also tried something else. The butterfly on the card was stamped on a transparency.....yep....the kind that are used on over-head projectors....I stamped the image with Black StazOn ink. I let it dry. I then colored in the wings with a Sharpie Marker, cut the butterfly out and then slightly bent its wings to add demension. I attached it with a glue dot, and VOILA!!!!....this pretty card emerged.


Please let me know how you like it. I love to get feedback!


Thanks for stopping by!


Kimba

8 comments:

stampingtink said...

Oh, it's so beautiful! What a great job you did with it. I love the rich colors. OK, I'm just going to have to try something different with my Scor-Pal than just scoring cards!

Chookarooni said...

fabulous card Kimba - don't you just love that ScorPal - what did we do without it?
hugs
Mary-Jane

Ami said...

I really like this card. I haven't tried this technique yet with my scorpal or the transparency thing. I love it.

Formerly known as: Queen of Bling said...

Awesome job Kimba! Sounds like something I'm going to have to look into...

deb said...

LOVE IT!! I have try this! I've done a grid, but didn't turn out like yours!! The butterfly looks like he could fly right off the card!!AMAZING!!!
hugz

Danni said...

Oh a butterfly! I love butterflies! Awesome job...love the look of the criss-cross!!

Clarice said...

Hi Kimba, I just read your WHOLE blog!!! I love the cards you make and I can't wait to see your videos.
Clarice

Kimba's Kreations said...

Thanks for the kind words!