Monday, March 2, 2009

Good Morning - HAPPY March







Hello all....

I know it's be a while since I last posted, but I get soooo busy w/my kids, work, etc...and before you know it, it's March. I am here in NYC and I am not sure what the weather is like where you are, but it is snowing like crazy here. We are expected to get 4-8 inches of snow....and my kids are praying for a snow day. Me, on the other hand.....not so much...LOL!!!!
On the cards that I have posted, I wanted to also quickly mention that I tried 2 different techniques that I want to share with you. First, on the "BE HAPPY" card w/the Tulip, what I used to color in the image was PRISMACOLOR Premier Colored Pencils. These pencils are AWESOME!! They allow you to blend the different shades of one particuliar color together - for example in the Green family you would have Apple Green & Grass Green. This is great b/c it gives you great dimension when coloring and blending. If you get an opportunity, stop by their website (http://www.prismacolor.com/) and check out their products as well as the tutorials on how to use them. This is a "must have" for every crafter.
The "THANK YOU" card with the image colored in is where I used my KIMBERLY Watercolor Pencils. This was SO much fun to do. The watercolor gives the image a softness. I love this look and most of all, it is very forgiving. I would so encourage you all to try you hand at these techniques. They are easy to do and you will just love the results.

In any case, I wanted to post these cards that I made. Enjoy the cards, and thanks so much for stopping by....

Kimba

3 comments:

Tina said...

Great looking Cards Kimberley!Hopefully you won't get too much snow! We had snow last week and its gone now and been sunny here in B.C. today!!

Esther said...

Love the cards...You did a great job!!!!!!!

Jill said...

Hi Kimba, I just checked out your bog, and I love your cards! Now I have another place for some ideas. Thanks for sharing with us!

Jill...:-)
(SBC)