Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy Mother's Day Theme Week - Card #3

Hello all-
Happy Wednesday.....two more day til the weekend and I can not wait! I plan on attending a 8 hour crop and boy I am soooo ready for it. I will be able to get loads of layouts and cards created so watch out next week.

Today's card is following the Mother's day card theme. This is a quick and easy card to create and I believe it has the "less is more" look. I am loving working with kraft color cardstock and so I decided to create a Mother's Day card using ust that. I hope you like it and as always, thanks for stopping by!

HOW-TO Instructions
Step 1: Base card measuring 4.5 x 6.25 (KRAFT) - Tie a ribbon around the card and then tie it using a piece of white string.

Step 2: 2nd layer (TURQUOISE) measures 2 x 4.5 - Round the corners using your corner rounder and then run it through your Cuttlebug using Swiss Dots Embossing folder

Step 3: 3rd Layer (WHITE) I used my Scallop Edge Rectangle Nestabilities to cut and emboss. I stamped the image and then colore it in using Prisma Colored Pencils.

Step 4: I stamped the bird again and colored it. I cut it out and added foam dots and adhered it on top of the bird image. This allows the bird to stand out.

No comments: