Monday, February 14, 2011

HAPPY VALENTINE's DAY.....



Happy Valentine's Day!!!
Happy Monday and Happy "love" Day!  I hope that this day you share it with people you love - be it family, friends,  or your significant other - just make sure you enjoy and have fun!
Today's card was just that - fun to create.  The stamp is from HeroArts and it's called In The Garden K5353.  When I first got this stamp, I bought it more so because it's a HeroArts stamp than because I just loved it. I just love the company and their quality of stamps are awesome.  When I was creating this card, I wanted to have the image be the focal point and so much so that all that was left would be a simple sentiment.  I stamped the image and heat embossed it using white opaque powder.  I added the punched heart to show the little boy was giving his heart away or vice versa - how cute!
Anyway....this is the card that I plan on giving my hubby.  Remember, the "how-to" is below and please, leave me some "comment love".  I love hearing from you.  Have a great Monday and and even greater Valentine's Day!!!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Kimba :)

HOW-TO Instructions
Step 1: Base card measures 4.25 x 5.5 - White
Step 2: 2nd Layer measures 4 x 5.25 - Red - run thru the CuttleBug using the Swiss Dots Embossing folder
Step 3: 3rd Layer - Stamp image using VersaMark ink on black cardstock and heat emboss using white opaque powder
Step 4: Punch scallop edge and tie a bow.  Punch out heart on red cardstock. Attach to card
Step 5: Stamp word sentimemt

No comments: