Wednesday, June 10, 2009

ALUMINUM FOIL on my CARD - it's not just for wrapping up food!


Good Morning all...
Happy HUMP DAY!! Two more days until the start of the weekend - Yay!
I am really excited to show you the card that I made yesterday. I think that it came out really nice and I want to share with you how it was done. I had recently purchased some Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks and I wanted to get some more use out of them. I had watched his videos where he used them on metal and I loved the way it had come out on the project. I decided I wanted to try it, but after looking all thru my house for some metal, I came up empty.....but then it came to me....I have something that "sorta metal-like". What about ALUMINUM FOIL??? I wonder if that would work? And the card above is the results. It worked FANTASTICALLY!!!!

This morning, I attempted to make a video showing you how to make the card, but now I have to edit it. Making a Tutorial video is hard work....I didn't realize that. I forgot my tape, so I had to get up in the middle and get it, I fumbled over my words, etc....so..in short, I HAVE TO edit it. But what I have done is put the supply list below. If the video is really not so good, I will take screen shots of how I created the card with detailed instructions on the side. So, fingers crossed that it all works out...LOL!!

So, thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you try this on your next project!
Kimba :)
" You're so thoughtful" Card - Supply List
Base Card - 5 x 6 1/2
Blue Layer (2nd layer) - 4 3/4 x 6 1/4
Aluminum Layer (3rd layer) 3 3/4 x 5 1/4 this is the cardstock covered w/the foil
Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks - Lettuce, Cranberry, & Stream
Tim Holtz Ink Applicator
Fiskars Scallop Border Punch - green scallop cardstock measures 3 3/4
CuttleBug - Embossing Folder SWISS DOTS
Aluminum Foil
Glue Dots
Foam Dots
Pink Prima Flower
Green Button
Ribbon
HeroArts Thoughtful Message Clear Stamp CL184

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Kimberlina:

Wow.....this card is QUITE lovely. I just love your creativity in finding new source material. Keep up the great creative work........it's very inspirational.

Crystal

Crystal said...

p.s I also LLLOOOVVVEEE the new facelift that you've given the blog. The bright colors and larger fonts combined with your wonderful creative spirit invoke a very inviting atmosphere.