Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Enjoy Every Moment

Hello All...
As you all know, this is SENTIMENT Week. I am continuing to focus on the words and what I say in my cards just as much as the style and look. I am excited to show you this card today because I made if for someone so that they could give it to a friend who hit their 5 year mark of being Cancer Free. She gave me the colors and told me that she wanted it to be simple in it's design, but bold with style of card. She also requested a sentiment that was heartfelt but straight to the point. This is what I came up with and let me tell you, she was very please.

I hope you like the card. Focusing on the sentiments on the cards has helped me to remember all the people who I need to send cards to JUST BECAUSE...

I hope that you feel inspired by this cards and the cards for this week. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Kimba :)

HOW-TO Instructions

Step 1: Base Card measures 4.5 x 6 (PURPLE)
Step 2: 2nd Layer measures 4.25 x 5.75 (WHITE)
Step 3: 3rd Layer measures 4 x 5.5 (LIME GREEN) - Run this thru your CuttleBug using the TEXTILE Embossing Folder
Step 4: Punch out Purple Square using the Marvy Uchida punch (Purple punch)
Step 5: Stamp word sentiment on white cardstock using purple ink.
Step 6: Punch out the word sentiment using the Marvy Uchida punch (Pink punch)
Step 7: Add Gemstones to bottom of sentiment. Adhere to the purple square using foam dots. Adhere the entire square to the center of the card.

No comments: