Monday, August 3, 2009

You Make My World Happy!

Good Morning all,
I hope that you had a great weekend and had an opportunity to get some crafting done. I was able to get a good amount of cards made as well as get some projects started. So, with that being said, I am feeling great! I am off to a good start this week.

I don't have a theme for this week as yet, but I do have a great card that I am proud of that I made. I used quite a bit of different techniques. I stamped an image onto pattern paper (the tag in the card was covered with paper and then I stamped on it). I also distressed the tag before I stamped the image. And one of the last techiques I used was using PrismaColor Coloring Pencils to color in the owls and then using Gamsol (OMS-Odorless Mineral Spirit) to help create shading and dimension.

Well, now that you know what I did, get crackin' to making this card!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Kimba :)

HOW-TO Instructions
Step 1: Base Card measures 5 x 6.5 (white)
Step 2: 2nd Layer measures 4.75 x 6.25 (brown) - attach this to base card
Step 3: Cut a strip of Rust Orange paper measuring .75 x 4.75 - attach this to the brown cardstock
Step 4:Next, get your tag out. Put a good amount of adhesive on the FRONT of the tag. After you have done this, place the tag ADHESIVE SIDE DOWN on the pattern paper. Press down on the tag to make sure the tag is sticking to the paper. Cut around the tag and then using your whole punch, punch the hole out at the top of the tag.
Step 5: Use Tim Holtz's PEELED PAINT Distressing ink to distress the front of the tag. Once you have the desired look you want,using Stampin' Up's Chocolate Chip Ink, stamp the LONG BRANCH image onto the tag. Thread ribbon thru hole, set aside.
Step 6: Stamp out your owls using black ink and color the owls. Add "googlie eyes" to the owls. Set aside
Step 7: Layer Prima Flowers - Green then white and next add button to the center. Set aside
Step 8: Using that same pattern paper and the Peeled Paint Dstressing ink, distress a small section of the paper - this portion of the paper will be used for you to stamp your word sentiment on. After stamping, punch image out
Step 9: Build the card according to picture above. PLEASE NOTE: THERE ARE FOAM DOTS behind the Balancing Owls

No comments: