Monday, January 3, 2011

HappyBirthday & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!



Hello and Happy New Year!

I hope that you all had a great holiday with family and friends.  I still can't believe just how quickly the year had come and went, but I am looking so forward to 2011!!!

Today's card was a birthday card that I made for a friend.  I love the way it came out.  It has a masculine feel and for me, those type of cards are a challenge for me to create.  One of the coolest elements of this card, for me, is the newspaper layer.  I am trying to be more eco-smart and trying to recycle where ever I can, and using the NY Times was a great way to do just that.

Once I cut out the newpaper layer, I crumbled it up.  Next, I distressed the newspaper by rubbing it with Tim Holtz's Vintag Photo.  The ink made the wrinkles pop out and gave it texture and character.  I hope you try using newspaper on your next project.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Kimba

No comments: