Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Paint Dabber Resist Technique

Hello all-
Happy Hump Day all!  Is it just me or is this week going by sooo slow?  I love the weekends  and so I want them to get here so fast..LOL!
Today's card is a one layer card, and this is a type of card that I very rarely do...but it was super easy.  I love the way the it came out.  I used this technique that I saw Tim Holtz's do on one of his videos - he stamps an image using the paint dabber paint as the ink and then allows it to dry and then uses his Distress Inks on top.  It came out better than I expected.  Don't you just love it when that happens?
Anyway, thanks so much for stopping by!
Kimba :)
How-To Instructions
Step 1: Base card measures 4.25 x 5.5 - White Card stock
Step 2: Stamp the LARGE SOLID FLOWER - ink stamp up using Ranger's Silver Dabber. Stamp image and let dry.
Step 3: Distress the front of the card using Tim Holtz's Distress inks - Peeled Paint, Broken China, and Spiced Marmalade.
Step 4: Using a dry cloth, wipe off excess ink on the stamped flower image as see the image pop.

2 comments:

Rina Damay said...

wow Beautiful card. Love your colours.. thank you for Playing to get my Bday Candy. Hope you win.

Regard,

Rina Damay

Tracey said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!! WOW!! AMazing design and colours Kimba!!!