Thursday, April 28, 2011

HeroArts Challenge - Layering Technique


Good morning all-

It's Thursday and that only means  - 1 more day til the start of the weekend..WooHoo!!!  I am so tired today...keep reading and you'll know why.

I was up last night,(started at around 11pm) at my crafting desk trying to create this card "in my head" that looked awesome....but of course, it just was not coming together. I tried to follow the sketch I drew, but it was just not happening. I had the stamp and the paper and the embellishments...but when I started inking up my stamp, I just wasn't feelin' it.  Anyway...it was about 1am and I went back to my desk and I picked up this stamp - HeroArts Little Feathers - and all of a sudden I came up with today's card in 15mins - NOW GO FIGURE.....(Kimba hits her head - DUH!) ...and this was not the original card I was trying to make....



Here's what I did. I distressed lightly the white cardstock firs, layering Orange Marmalade and then layering Vintage Photo around the edges. Next, I stamped the SILHOUETTE FERN using Peeled Paint Distress Ink in a random pattern. Lastly, I stamped LITTLE FEATHERS CG202 using VersaMark ink and then heat embossed it using OPAQUE powder - the color is PERIDOT....don't you just love the way it came out??? The details of the feathers are so pretty (if I do say so myself..LOL!)


Lastly, I added pop dots, and stamped a simple sentiment. CAS card....thanks for stopping by....and have a great Thursday!

Kimba


No comments: