Monday, September 27, 2010

CAARDVARKS CLEAN & SIMPLE Challenge - Thanks!

Hey everybody and Happy Monday to you!

I am very excited to share with you today's card. I created it for a challenge that Caardvarks is having entitled Clean and Simple. If you get a chance, stop by this blog. It is a great place to get inspired and there are loads of talented people who submit their creations. Anyway, the theme was to create a card that is Clean and Simple. I would describe my style of cards as Clean and Simple - clean lines and symmetry and balance is what I aim for...not sure if I hit it every time (teehee)...
I hope you like the card. I created it using Kraft cardstock...my new favorite color to use now....What I did in terms of the sentiment is that HeroArts has a clear stamp sheet. The one that I used was the Thank You Messages (CL142) and I grouped a bunch of the "thank yous", placed them on my acrylic block and stamped the image. This method is great if you want to create a background...spacing the stamps out, and then randomly stamping. I love the way it came out.

Well, thanks for checking out my card and fingers crossed that I win the challenege. The prize package is wayyyyy cool!

Kimba :)

HOW-TO Instructions
Step 1: Base measures 4.50 x 6.25 - (KRAFT)
Step 2: Cut a piece of Bird Cage pattern paper by Recollections 1 x 6.25. Punch scallop edge. Adhere to card.
Step 3: Tie ribbon
Step 4: Stamp sentiment. Round the OPPOSITE corners. Adhere to card.
Step 5: Create faux stitching

No comments: