Monday, October 4, 2010

No Stress when Distressing...

Hey everybody!
Happy Monday! I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend. I know for me, it just flew by. The weekends arCheck Spellinge always so packed with stuff, that when you finally stop and take a breath, it's already Monday.
I was able to get some stamping done and boy did I have fun. I got to play with some products that I had not used in a long while - Alcohol Inks. I have them on my desk, in a storage drawer, and when I went into the drawer, looking for something else, I said to myself, "Kimba, you HAVE TO make a card using these inks" and that's is how today's card was created. It's the 3rd layer of the card. The finished product came out so nicely, that I plan on creating alot more using is product.

Below, are instructions on how I made the card and I hope that this will inspire you to pull out your alcohol inks and use them to create something awesome....or, better yet, give you a good excuse to go shopping and pick up some inks (wink...wink - I have to enable all of you...it's only fair) from your local craft store.

I hope you like the card, and thanks for stopping by!
Kimba :)


HOW-TO Instructions

Step 1: Base measures 4.50 x 5.75 (BLUE)
Step 2: 2nd Layer measures 4.25 x 5.50 (WHITE)
Step 3: 3rd Layer measures 4 x 5.25 (ALCOHOL INK) - Use GLOSSY CARDSTOCK, and your blender tool, put alcohol inks Lettuce, Latte, and Sail Boat Blue. Adhere to card
Step 4: Stamp Flower Medley onto white cardstock. Ink up stamp using Distress Ink Peeled paint and Broken China, turn woodstamp over and spray the image with water. Stamp image onto cardstock. Distress edges and add pearls to center of flowers.
Step 5: Stamp word image and tie ribbon in a bow


to a video by Jennifer McGuire. She will show you how to create the alcohol background




No comments: