Friday, October 29, 2010

Joy Christmas Card

Joy Card - October2010B, originally uploaded by kimba7669.

Good Morning all----------

HAPPY TGIF!! HAPPY TGIF!! HAPPY TGIF!!

Can you tell that I am happy and excited that it's Friday??? TeeHee!!! The weekend is here and I have been waiting for it to arrive forever! I have so much stuff to do and today I am up early to get a jump on it!

So, today's card is one that I made to submit to a challenge and I love the way it came out. I am just LOVIN', LOVIN', LOVIN' Tim Holtz's Alcohol Inks. I love the process of how they blend once the ink hits the glossy paper and I especially love how you never seem to know what pattern is going to show itself. It's different every time.

On the background of this card, I used Alcohol Ink LETTUCE and GOLD. It gives such a shimmer when the light hits it. Perfect for the holiday season.

The center section, I did a technique that I saw HeroArts' Jennifer McGuire do. I used Tim Holtz's Distress inks. Here's what you do - you ink up the stamp using the Distress Inks. Next you spritz the stamp with water. Instantly, you see the Distress Inks get activated and you stamp the image on your cardstock. The end result is a water-colored image and I love it!!! Here's a link that shows Jennifer doing this technique.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEnb_gngagw&feature=player_embedded

This card was very simple to create. If you have some alcohol inks in your stash, pull then out and give them a try. I promise you that you will not only have so much fun, but you will love the results.

As always, thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Kimba :)


HOW-TO Instructions

Step 1: Base card measures 4.25 x 5.5 (Alcohol Ink)
Step 2: Stamp swirl image using Peeled Paint and FireBrick Red.  Spritz the stamp with water and them stamp.  Adhere to card.
Step 3: Punch scallop edge and adhere to card.
Step 4: Punch out snowflakes and add gem stones
Step 5: Stamp word sentiment and adhere to card

No comments: