Monday, May 25, 2009

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!!

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!

In light of the holiday, the MYSTERY MATERIAL MONDAY will be posted tomorrow morning. I have a break between grilling and I thought that I would post a card that I created.

One of the things that I am really trying to do is be more Take care of the EARTH/GO GREEN conscious. I have watched so many shows this past week about how each of us can do our part. I know that in my household, my children have been really getting into recycling. Old T-shirts we have used as rags to wash our car and to clean up around the house. I throw them in the washer and re-use them. Any scraps of food we have, we have been giving them all to our neighbor who is creating their own compost. I have even switched out all my light bulbs to use the ones that help save energy. So, in light of that, I have become more aware of how I can use things that I come in contact with everyday and think of a creative way to incorporate them w/in my cards. Well, I am going to post one card that I think I was successful at. The brown embossed background is a BROWN PAPER BAG. I cut off the top of the bag, ran it thru my CuttleBug, used some distress ink to make the texture of the embossed image pop and VOILA!!!

Let me know what you think. Maybe this can be away for you to challenge yourself in thinking about how you can "recycle"and incorporate them in your cards and projects. I would love to hear and see them.

Thanks so much for stopping by and continue to enjoy this Memorial Day w/family & friends!
Kimba :)

No comments: