Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Embellish Magazine Masculine Challenge



Hello and Happy Hump Day.....
Two more days til the start of the weekend.  I can't wait!  I love me some weekends....LOL!!
 
Anyway, today's card I created for Embellish Magazine Challenge.  The theme for this month is Masculine Cards and the colors for this challenge was Red, Blue, Gray, and Green....great colors to create with right?  O loved making this card beacuse I was able to use several layers and different techniques like distressing and dry embossing.  I love the end result.  Hopefully the judges will too and I win the prize!  Fingers and toes crossed!
 
If you like what you see, please leave me some comment love and thanks so much for stopping by!
Kimba :)
 
HOW-TO Instructions
 
Step 1: Base card measures 4.25 x 5.5 (White)
Step 2: 1st layer card measures 4 x 5.25 (Blue)
Step 3: 2nd layer card measures 3.75 x 5 (Grey) Emboss this using the Cuttlebug. Swipe raised edges with black ink.  Add 3 silver brads.
Step 4: Cover white tag with Fired Brick Red Distress Ink
Step 5: Cut green strip and punch out edge using key hole punch. Stamp word sentiment and adhere to card. Put adhesive ONLY on the ends, this way you can slide tag in.
Step 6: Stamp bike image and add blue brads.  Add foam dots and attach.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Alice said...

very cool! love all the textures. great take on the challenge!

Charlene Austin said...

Perfectly executed guy card!! Good job! Thank you so much for playing along in the Embellish Challenge.