Friday, September 4, 2009

3D Card - WHAT's UP?

Happy Friday!!!
I am so glad/sad that today is Friday. I am glad because it is the beginning of the long Labor Day weekend. But I am sad because it is a reminder that summer is over. But then I am glad again because school starts next week and all my kids will be in school and I will be FREE!!! WooHoo! It's all so bitter sweet...ROFL!

Okay, to the fun stuff. Here is my card to end the week. It is my all-time FAVORITE STAMP now. It's the Balancing Owls by HeroArts H5144. I stamped the image and colored it in. Cut it out and added foam dots to give it the 3D look. I used my Cricut to cut out a "BLAST" shape and I stamped the word sentiment on that. I also used my Cricut to cut out the grass. I curled the edges to add dimension. To give it some interest, I used Time Holt's Distresss Ink - I used the Peeled Paint first and used Vintage Photo around the edges. I added foam dots to this also.

I hope you like the card. It was so much fun to make. I hope that you have a great weekend and Labor Day!

Kimba :)
HOW-TO Instructions

Step 1: Base Card measures 4.25 x 5.5 - Brown
Step 2: The 2nd Layer measures 4 x 5.25 - White
Step 3: The 3rd layer measures 3.75 x 5 - Mustard Yellow
Step 4: Stamp the owl image, color it in, and cut it out. Add foam dots.
Step 5: Use Cricut to cut out the GRASS on Green Cardstock and the BLAST on White Cardstock.
Step 6: Stamp the word sentiment on the BLAST and then distress it using the Distress Inks by Tim Holtz. Add foam dots.
Step 7: Adhere all the layers and images.

No comments: