Monday, September 7, 2009

HAPPY LABOR DAY!!!

Hey! Hey! Hey!
I you all are enjoying your Labor Day today! My family and I are headed out to a BBQ right now, so I am going to make this post short & sweet!

Here is a card that I created as part of a challenge. The challenge was creating Masculine cards. Here is my take on it. I hope that you like it. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your Labor Day!

Kimba :)
PS - The cloud stamp had a word sentiment right smack in the center. In the HOW-TO below, I will explain how I was able to stamp the clouds W/OUT the words. You will look at your stamps in a new light!


HOW-TO Instructions
Step 1: Base card measures 4.25 x 5.5 - Beige
Step 2: Punch out Scallop Edge 3 TIMES using 3 different colored Blue Cardstock. This is to create the waves/water look
Step 3: Stamp BOAT on Beige cardstock. Stamp boat on TWO different orange colored paper/cardstock. Cut out the sail from one of the orange pieces of paper and the base of the boat from the other. Glue the sail and base to the ORIGINAL boat that was stamped on the Beige cardstock. Add foam dots. Set aside.
Step 4: Stamp the CLOUDS - MAKE SURE ONCE YOU STAMP THE CLOUD IMAGE, WITH A BABY WIPE, CAREFULLY WIPE AWAY THE WORD SENTIMENT SO THAT YOU ARE LEFT WITH JUST THE CLOUD. Cut them out. Add foam dots. Set aside.
Step 5: Stamp PLANE on orange cardstock. Cut out and add foam dots. Set aside.
Step 6: Stamp the WORD SENTIMENT and attach a piece if orange string to the top of it. Set aside.
Step 7: Build card!

No comments: